How to take part in Character Palooza at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
One of the best character surprises is often referred to as Character Palooza (Characterpalooza), Pop-up Surprise or the Fantasmic! meet. Because it is an unpublished meet, there is usually a short wait for some great and often rare characters. This meet takes place out doors and can be canceled with the threat of inclement weather.
Where does Character Palooza take place?
San Francisco Street New York Street in the Streets of America in Disney’s Hollywood Studios backlot
When will Character Palooza occur during my trip?
Update: I removed the dates and I’ve added links to my Crowd Calendars that include the actual times, so I don’t have to answer the same questions repeatedly.
- May Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- June Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- July Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- August Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- September Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- October Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
- November Crowd Calendar including Character Palooza
(There’s no way of knowing if Character Palooza will extend into winter months yet. Check back in late fall)
Use my Character Locator app for exact times during your trip as well.
NOTE: There is NO Character Palooza on any Star Wars Weekends dates!!!
What characters should I hope to meet?
Here’s some of the characters that we’ve met over the years (which characters appear on a given day will always be a surprise, there’s no way of knowing what characters will appear in advance. If there are multiple appearances scheduled in a single day, you may see the same characters at each appearance.
- Captain Hook
- Chip n Dale
- Green Army Man
- Little Einsteins
- Mary Poppins
- Minnie Mouse
- Mr. Smee
- Queen Grimhilde (Snow Queen / Evil Queen)
- Queen of Hearts
- Snow White
- Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
What characters have you met at Character Palooza?